What it is:
A reviving beauty roller that deeply kneads the skin and muscles, on par with a luxurious, professional facial massage.
Rose quartz has calming properties and aids in meditation and reflection. It is known as the stone of love.
What it does:
Designed for both the face and neck, this powerful tool can help:
- Sculpt and add definition to facial features
- Massage the face to release tension
- Reduce facial puffiness
- Firm and tighten the skin over time
How to use:
- Always start with clean skin that has been prepped with skincare product. Our favorite is the Calming Herbal Repair Facial Massage Balm to ensure that tools can glide on the skin without pulling.
- Begin with the neck and roll the Tension Melting Massager along the base of the neck and the shoulders. Due to the special shape and angle of the double rollers, you will feel a deep kneading massage.
- Moving to the face, roll the Tension Melting Massager in an outwards and upwards direction across the contours of the face.
- Breathe deeply and feel the tension melt away.
Due to natural variations in stone, every facial tool is unique in pattern and color. The stones + crystals we use are authentic and natural. We do not artificially dye or treat the stones to let their true beauty shine through.
Use our facial tools and skincare for naturally glowing, radiant skin. Pair different tools together with our skincare to maximize results. We harness ancient beauty secrets with a modern approach to craft gentle yet effective tools and skincare. Our products are easy to use and perfect to add to your everyday ritual.
THE SCIENCE BEHIND THE RITUAL
Why It Works
Mount Lai tools are designed to work on the lymphatic system, address adhesions in the fascia and melt tension in the facial and jaw muscles, promoting a radiant complexion + combatting fine lines and wrinkles.
01 / Why is lymphatic drainage important? The lymphatic system is a part of the immune system that helps the body get rid of toxins and waste. If the lymphatic system is not functioning well, it can result in fluid build up which may result in puffy skin. Stagnation of the lymphatic system can also lead to an increase in toxins, which can make the skin appear dull or even result in acne breakouts.
02 / The benefits of lymphatic drainage are two-fold. Lymphatic drainage removes toxic and congestive substances from the tissues, which allows greater absorption of nutrients. Besides aiding with lymphatic drainage, gua sha massage stimulates circulation and blood flow. Blood carries oxygen and nutrients to the other cells and the combination of lymphatic drainage + massage allows you to remove toxins from the tissues and absorb greater nutrients to nourish the skin.
03 / Why is using a tool better than using your hands? The beauty of Mount Lai tools is that they work on the skin without pulling. As a result, the tool is able to work on the very surface level of the skin to target the lymph system and fascia that you wouldn’t be able to target with your hands. Tools allow you to work more evenly on the entire face and target pressure points more precisely than you would get with just your hands alone.